Taking Your First Steps Toward Homesteading
Homesteading can be broadly defined as a lifestyle of self-sufficiency. However, in recent times it has come to mean different things to different people.
Some people see homesteading as a complete lifestyle change whereas others see it as a way to support their existing lifestyle by saving money, growing their own food or being friendlier towards the environment.
7 Helpful Hints on Preparing for Homesteading
1) Define what homesteading means to you. When you have come up with a broad definition of what homesteading is for you, you will be able to write down your list of homesteading priorities.
Here are some things you might want to consider.
2) Self-Sufficiency Priorities. What are your priorities when it comes to self-sufficiency? Do you want to produce some or all of your own foods? Will you be producing your own energy? Will you still be using any modern conveniences?
3) Lifestyle Priorities. How do you want homesteading to impact on your lifestyle? Do you want to spend more time outdoors? Do you want to have more time to spend with your family? Which activities would you prefer to spend most of your time doing?
4) Health Priorities. How do you want homesteading to benefit your health? Do you want to improve the quality of the foods you eat? Are natural cleaning products important to you?
5) Financial Priorities. In which areas do you want homesteading to save you money? Do you want to reduce your monthly grocery bills? Do you want to stop paying for heating?
6) Make a to-do list. List the tasks you will need to do in order to reach your dream. Don’t forget to include budgeting in your preparations. You will need to pay for those solar collectors.
7) Set a timeline for achieving your goals. Once you know what you need to do, you can have a realistic estimation of how long it will take you to get to where you want to be.
Clearly defining your dream is an important part of preparing for homesteading.
Thanks for visiting!
My purpose here at 7HelpfulHints is to serve my readers and also to fund my efforts by selling products and earning affiliate commissions. Please note that I receive commission from the eBooks sold on these pages, and the ads that are displayed.
Graphics, articles, and videos on these pages are protected by copyright. If you need material for your blog or website, visit my HomeFreeMedia Shop for quality articles and graphics.
Get more inspiration for a better life at NormaEsler.com.