How to Keep Smiling
A good attitude can go a long way to increasing your enjoyment in life and your success as well. Here are some excellent tips for keeping a positive outlook in life no matter what’s going on around you.
7 Helpful Hints on Keeping a Positive Outlook
1) Avoid negative thinkers. It seems strange to begin this article with a negative, but it has to be said. If you find yourself around those who are constantly complaining or predicting the worst then break free from them. Negativity has a way of passing from person to person and they will drag you down with them.
2) Step away from the television. Don’t sit in front of the TV for hours at a time. The news is depressing, cop shops feature violence and death, and negativity in some form is found on almost every show.
If you do watch TV go for a more positive program such as a nature documentary or a comedy.
Ditto for the internet. Too much screen time is not healthy for anyone.
3) Hang around with people who care for you. Spend as much time as you can with your family and loved ones, do something together which you all enjoy and aim to have a family night at least once a week where you can spend quality time together.
4) Fill your mind with positive messages. In times when you are feeling particularly low and negativity starts to creep in, listen to a motivational CD or repeat positive affirmations to yourself to bring back a positive attitude.
5) Enjoy yourself. Take time out each day to just do something that you enjoy doing that doesn’t require you to make choices or decisions, something which relaxes you to the fullest.
6) Do something different. Try doing something that you wouldn’t normally do, something that is totally unlike you and out of character. Take up a new hobby or sport that you would never have dreamed of doing.
7) Get moving! Get some exercise, this could be something as simple as taking a walk in the fresh air or going to the gym. Find something you like to do and make it a habit.
Thanks for visiting!
My purpose here at 7HelpfulHints is to serve my readers and also to fund my efforts by selling products and earning affiliate commissions. Please note that I receive commission from the eBooks sold on these pages, and the ads that are displayed.
Graphics, articles, and videos on these pages are protected by copyright. If you need material for your blog or website, visit my HomeFreeMedia Shop for quality articles and graphics.
Get more inspiration for a better life at NormaEsler.com.