Are You Using Your Time Wisely?
Knowing how to create a time management plan is imperative if you want to be successful. Having a plan makes every hour count, ensures that you get to work more quickly, and helps distribute your time over all the important tasks that you need to do each day, week, month and year.
7 Helpful Hints on How to Create a Time Management Plan
1) Be Realistic With Your Plans – Don’t go against your own internal clock when planning each day. If you know you struggle to get up in the morning, do not schedule things in the early morning hours. If you can manage in the mornings if you do tasks you like first, try that.
2) Set Time Limits – This is especially important for both tasks you dislike and tasks you like. You always have a risk of procrastination when it comes to tasks you hate by spending too much time on tasks you like.
3) Eliminate Distractions – One of the biggest killers of any plan that you set are distractions such as television, interrupting phone calls, social media, and yes – children and spouses. While nothing is ever perfect, you can eliminate most distractions by planning ahead about how to deal with them. Turn off the TV, turn off the phone, use social media only at certain times with a timer set, and explain to children and spouses the importance of not bothering you while you are working.
4) Differentiate Important from Non-Important Tasks – One of the hardest tasks before you when creating a time management plan is understanding what is important and what is not important. If you make it a habit to do the most important things first, you’re going to feel more accomplished and get more done.
5) Take Advantage of Technology – Where would we be without technology? Using Google Calendar or another system synced to your phone is a great way to ensure that your calendar is always with you and that you don’t forget things. You can even set reminders and alarms to help.
Not tech savvy? Use a paper calendar. Don’t assume that you will be able to remember everything.
6) Create and Use Lists – It is one thing to note on your calendar “work on project A” but it’s quite another to list exactly what you are to do during that time period on project A. This is the most effective way to schedule your time so that you meet your goals. Be very specific with lists so that no time is wasted.
7) Create a Daily Action Plan – There should always be at least four or five things that you can do each day toward any future goal that you have to help you feel accomplished. Plus, having a variety of things to do each day will eliminate boredom and procrastination.
Using your time wisely is an essential element in creating success. Most successful people live and die by their calendars. When you meet someone and wonder how in the world she does it all, it’s probably a very thought-out and coordinated schedule that allows her to accomplish so much.
With these helpful hints on how to create a time management plan, you are well on your way to being the master of your schedule.
Thanks for visiting!
My purpose here at 7HelpfulHints is to serve my readers and also to fund my efforts by selling products and earning affiliate commissions. Please note that I receive commission from the eBooks sold on these pages, and the ads that are displayed.
Graphics, articles, and videos on these pages are protected by copyright. If you need material for your blog or website, visit my HomeFreeMedia Shop for quality articles and graphics.
Get more inspiration for a better life at NormaEsler.com.