Be Yourself. Who Else is Better Qualified?
In a world with so many differing opinions, you will never be able to please everyone. If you are trying to change yourself with the intention of making others like you, be aware that you are fighting a losing battle.
Being yourself honors the person you were meant to be. Be someone you respect, you won’t need to worry about what others think.
7 Helpful Hints on Being Yourself
1) One Size Doesn’t Fit All – There is no way you can always live up to everyone’s expectations. There are so many ways to be as a person, and trying to please others is like trying to chase every person in a game of tag at the same time. You will only frustrate yourself.
When people are being themselves, other people will naturally be drawn to them. You won’t necessarily be everyone’s cup of tea (nobody is), but there is someone out there who believes you are wonderful the way you are.
2) Determine Your Goals – Do you want to be authentic to yourself, but don’t even know where to start? This is a problem for many people. All you need to do is sit down and begin writing your goals. From there it will flow out of you.
Write your dreams, your passions, and the goals you have for your future. Take some time to make goals for your life and you will find the real “you” falling into line.
3) Life Is Short – Remember, life does not last for always. When you are figuring out where all the pieces of your life fit in, remember it won’t be there forever. Be who you truly are, and don’t deprive yourself or those around you of your true self for another moment. Make the best use of every moment, living in an authentic way.
4) Forgive Yourself – Nobody is perfect, and sometimes you may struggle being the person you want to be. Being genuine doesn’t mean being perfect, though, and you needn’t hold yourself to an unattainable standard. Drop the self-judgement you may be tempted to hold on to, and forgive yourself if you fall.
5) Love Yourself – There may be times when it feels like no one around you is concerned about you. Because of this, it’s important to be your own fiercest advocate. Love yourself and others will follow.
6) Don’t Judge – Just as you must remain true to yourself, so must the others in your life. You do not have an obligation to change yourself to suit someone else, and neither do they. Allow others the freedom to live their lives and be true to themselves and you will find even more peace about your own journey.
7) Know Your Strengths and Weaknesses – Celebrate and exercise your strengths. These are the areas where you will shine!
Work on your weaknesses. We all have room for improvement. You will feel better about yourself as you make progress toward achieving your goals.
Being yourself is not the easiest thing to begin, but it gets more and more fulfilling as time goes on. As you change to outwardly become the person you are inside, things will fall into place in every way.
Be who you are, not who others think you should be, and you will always respect yourself.
Thanks for visiting!
My purpose here at 7HelpfulHints is to serve my readers and also to fund my efforts by selling products and earning affiliate commissions. Please note that I receive commission from the eBooks sold on these pages, and the ads that are displayed.
Graphics, articles, and videos on these pages are protected by copyright. If you need material for your blog or website, visit my HomeFreeMedia Shop for quality articles and graphics.
Get more inspiration for a better life at NormaEsler.com.